***All Sidebar Items Are Updated Regularly Also***


Some Favorite Family Photos

Wednesday, December 9, 2009


I think I've finally finished the Christmas decorating at our house and we're ready for Santa...it's as good as it's gonna get this year anyway.  Conrad did the tree & lights today and the kids & I decorated it this evening.  I usually have all my decorating done the day after Thanksgiving, but with us shuffling the bedrooms around the last couple of weeks it just didn't happen.  Everything looks pretty and we got it done just before a short trip to Arkansas (Conrad & I are going...the kids are staying with their Grandmoma & Granddaddy).  You know, doing the tree is a lot of work.  But, it's worth it.  I like to turn off the lights in the den when we're done and we drink hot apple cider & hot chocolate (the kids) while we listen to the music and just look at the pretty lights from the tree, the wreath,  candles, other decorations, & Christmas Village on the mantle.  We played our Christmas music and we looked & laughed at some of the homemade decorations the kids have made over the years.  I have a box I mark "Favorite Ornaments" and I keep the special ones like that separate from the others.  So, again, it's a lot of work, but it's so worth it to see how happy it makes the kids...and me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment