***All Sidebar Items Are Updated Regularly Also***


Some Favorite Family Photos

Friday, January 1, 2010

No New Year's Resolutions!

Happy New Year Everyone! And NO "New Year's Resolutions" for me. I quit doing that years ago. I seldom keep them anyway, so I don't even bother trying to make them anymore. And besides, I don't need to look at a list to tell me what my head & heart already has in it. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly for them if they work for anyone else. They just never work for me.

While in the doctor's office yesterday, there was such a nice older lady in the waiting area. I got really tickled at her too. We struck up a conversation and she told me all about her 8 grown children & all her grandkids, making homemade biscuits from scratch, & what she was gonna cook for her New Year's dinner. What made me laugh out loud was when she said to me (about her grandkids), "...I told my son that I knew how to give them teenagers of his a better education. It's real simple and it just involves pullin' a few wires...to the TV, the phone, the iPods, & the ignition wire to the car." I tell you, it's hard to laugh with bronchitis, but it struck me as funny. I was trying not to cough and I got a big ol' "Bless your heart" from her (and she was the one in the wheelchair...the kind of lady you just wanna give a hug to).

1 Comment:

  1. Susan said...
    Congratulations, I have chosen you to receive The Best Blog award! Here is a link to the rules:
    http://thereliantself.blogspot.com/2009/12/wow-i-unexpectedly-went-out-of-town-on_17.html
    And here is a link to the award image:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6C7GTnQdl64/SyMRGFARuoI/AAAAAAAAAI4/vgIBqUccAtI/s1600-h/bestblog_award.jpg
    See Jan. 26 post for all my picks, and thank you for helping to enrich my life!
    -Susan-

Post a Comment